Thursday 13 March 2008

Lazy Saturday

Mar 8th

After the fun and games of the last week I need a rest! So spent a lazy day and hardly went out of doors except to the market at the end of the afternoon. (Getting better – carrots, celery, tomatoes, all good amounts for my money. Spuds and peppers are fixed quantities. Just onions where I thought I was getting short measure. This buying at the end of the afternoon when they’re all desperate to sell up and get home is definitely the way to do it).

So what have I achieved today – repaired a toggle on my rucksack. Tried, and failed, to get my iPod to re-load. Will get Teresa to send out the original formatting disc from home; if that doesn’t work then it’s bye-bye music except for what’s on my laptop. Boo. Done my blogs for Akagera and Gihembe. Found my VSO contract, which they urgently need to do my visa. I’ve got to go to the vice-mayor on Monday and persuade her to sign it.

Best thing about today: being lazy
Worst thing: I’m afraid my iPod may be broken. A real shame, because I’m just beginning to pick up loads and loads of music from other VSOs with similar interests. Irena has lived in Brasil and the Cape Verde islands and she’s giving me stacks of West African music. Nick is compiling me a CD of Congolese stuff he thinks I ought to hear. Oh well, all my iPod music is on the laptop and I can listen to it with headphones. Bit inconvenient to have a computer in bed with you, though….

No comments: