Saturday 23 February 2008

Here come the photos at last!

Hi everybody. Thank you for being so patient with me and putting up with text only blogs for so long. Today (last Saturday in the month) is "umuganda day" when normal business stops in Rwanda and everyone is supposed to be doing public works (clearing drains, clearing rubbish etc). I'm in Kigali, having stayed overnight with a colleague, and I've been smuggled into the VSO office to use the computer. Brilliant; it means I've got almost a whole morning with a good internet connection and nobody waiting for me to finish.

So here follows a series of photo essays which give you a pretty good visual idea of what life in Rwanda is like. Those of you who have been following the written blogs will recognise many of the places in these.

For the next few days at least, there's a facility which allows you to click on any photo and it'll enlarge up. I've had to compress each picture to get it to load in a reasonable time, but I've done minimal compression so the picture resolution should be pretty good even when enlarged. Try some of the landscapes, they're just super!

1 comment:

alisonshaw said...

Hello Bruce from rainy Suffolk Just read your blog and thoroughly enjoyed the photos - it looks beautiful. Hope all continues to go well I'm sure to become a regular reader All best wishes to you and Teresa

Alison